Share hosting

Does someone share his hosting with other people? I want to buy hosting from hostgator “baby plane” but its a little bit expensive from me and im just wondering if is it possible to share with some body alse. Does he will have access to my web sites?

Does he will have access to my web sites?

In short, yes. If you want to share space with someone, you should trust him enough to do so. Otherwise, go for a reseller account. A good reseller account will likely be even more expensive (2-3 times), but you can share it with 3-4 or more friends if necessary.

Yes,
you can shared your space to others through a addon domain.So that mean the one your shared with need to log in the control panel to set up things,and of course your site.
I came accross thos kind of either before.
I was wondering if they did not ask for a control panel access.Would it be ok?
They just want their site online.And visit the site through specified ftp access account.

You need to read the TOS of the prospective web hosting company carefully and make sure if that is allowed at all - avoid your further troubles

Or you could look for other hosts that offer cheaper packages in that way you don’t need to look for someone to share with. But of course quality of service is usually in question. So better try to look for reviews first before signing up for any host.

I share my hosting but I have a virtual private server which can act as a reseller account.

If you need more cheap plans, look for another company.

I think no one who’s on shared hosting will share his hosting with any one else. It’s too risky. i think first you have to go for some cheap web-host. Otherwise if you know some body who have reseller or vps a/c will help you.

Shared hosting only means you’re sharing the server’s resources. Your files are kept separate, no worries.

I share my hosting but I have a virtual private server which can act as a reseller account.

jeeva are you sure that was good idea to post in the sucjh old thread like that?