I have a client with three websites, each of which sells an ebook and access to a member's only area on the site.
We are looking to consolidate back-end systems (currently a mix of out-dated custom code and PayPal buttons) and I am looking for a solution.
I'm hoping you can help me find one that will meet our requirements:
- NOT software-as-service. Customer must stay on our sites.
- MUST work with PayPal Website Payments Pro Canada
- "Buy Now" functionality: E.G. Customer clicks one button to land directly on checkout page, bypassing shopping cart. These are single-product sites.
- Can service multiple domains from a single admin area. Shoppers on each domain remain on their domain throughout process.
- Supports Subscription payments/recurring payments
Good To Haves
- Supports digital file downloads
- Supports paid access to content
I've been pouring through the shopping cart sites and reviews, and most seem more complicated than we need.
I saw you requirement for not leaving the
site but have you tested this out at all?
Since the checkout can be skinned to match
your site, the continuity is there for the shopper.
And the hosted sites remove all the SSL / PCI
issues for you.
Foxycart is out: Software as service which routes customers through their domain (with your site name as subdomain)...
http://www.amember.com is well worth looking at because it meets all your requirements
I've used it on a couple of sites, albeit they were done a couple of years ago. When it did use it I had no problems whatsoever, installed it, integrated with a CMS (Expressionengine) and away we went. Took me just over an hour from purchase to integration (templates took a little longer ;:)
Thanks for the suggestion. I was looking at amember, but their demo is throwing off errors (which is never a good sign) and I've been reading a lot a frustrated comments in support forums. Has your experience been good?
Thanks for the Foxycart suggestion. Love the look, but they weren't on PayPal's list as supporting Website Payments Pro Canada (which has some differences from Website Payments Pro).
Have followed up with them and will post results.
Have you thought of 2Checkout?
I use it on several web site including membership sites
Have you checked out FoxyCart? They may be a good fit. You style the cart to match your page, so the shopper never is aware of being anywhere other than on your site.