Should I Change my DBA from SuperDesigns.com to Super Designs?

I recently filed for a fictitious business name. the lady suggested since I’ll be providing Internet/Technology Services, I should add “.com” to my name. I decided to file SuperDesigns.com instead of Super Designs. That means my fictitious business name is now SuperDesigns.com. Even my business credit card is now SuperDesigns.com. And this brings me to ask “what if” I leased a building, do I still market myself as Super Designs or SuperDesigns.com on the signs? The first is more attractive. Like how wal-mart doesn’t say Wal-Mart.com

I would like to use Super Designs for marketing, for checks payable to, and the whole nine yards. Is the name Super Designs not possible anymore since I filed for SuperDesigns.com instead?

It seems like you are answering your own question. If you want to use Super Designs for all of your business matters, then you should file that name as a DBA :slight_smile:

Next time, don’t listen to ‘the lady’!

A business can have more than one DBA. If you are doing business both as “SuperDesigns.com” and “Super Designs” then you should probably bite the bullet and register both DBAs.