Should i learn the basics of php before moving on to OOP

is it a good plan to understand the basics of php before moving on to learn OOP

yes

Is it a good idea to learn to walk before you learn to run? Yes, definitely! :slight_smile:

“Moving on to OOP”.

PHP in an OOP format is not separate from PHP. It’s a methodology of formatting PHP.

You will absolutely need the basics of PHP before trying to use OOP structures in it.

You have to know what numbers are before you can multiply.

thanks for your answer. i am a B.S.C graduate in computer science. And want to pursue web development as a career and my choice of languages are PHP, html, javascript, css jquery,xml,SQL and ajax. i have so much of resources on the languages just mention which leaves me soo confuse to where should i start.am so eager to learn everything at the same time which in result getting no where like spinning a top in the mud.i have a big passion for PHP and currently learning the basics. i possess basic knowledge in HTML,SQL,CSS and XML. could you or anyone help me to get on the right track please thanks in advance:)

Sounds to me like you’re on the right track already. HTML is your foundation.

Learn what you need. Set yourself (or get yourself) a project. Your project needs server side database access? Session Management? PHP, SQL. You want to do client side stuff that doesnt need security? Javascript. You want to bridge the two to get a bit fancy? AJAX.

good tip thanks:tup:. am on my way!:slight_smile: guess i was trying to be an astronaut before i learn to use a training bicycle lol.