Sidebar floats over the content area in IE

on my site here, the sidebar floats to the bottom left hand side in IE7. this is the typical culprit where i can simply shrink the width of either the content area or sidebar…i’ve tried that anyway.

I notice the sidebar seems to float to the bottom only when the content is shorter than the sidebar as I have multiple pages where there is little content. But on pages when the content is longer than the sidebar, then it’s okay.

Ideas?

Hi, you are missing the closing > for this element. The <p>…first element there with the font size.

<p style="font-size:1.2em;"<div class="stray_quote-260029">&#8220;<em>There is nothing, really, to be afraid of. As we 

learn this, we grow in our faith, we grow in strength, and most important we grow in our capacity to 

love.</em>&#8221;<br/>by&nbsp;Robert O'Brien<p align="left"><a onclick="newQuote

('testimonials,inspiration','another+quote+&#37;26raquo%3B','260029','http://next.p-pr.com/wp-content/plugins/stray-

quotes/','1','0','','0','','loading...','')" style="cursor:pointer" >another quote &raquo;</a></p></div></p>

The thing you need to add is marked in bold

<p style="font-size:1.2em;"[b][font size=9]>[/font][/b]<div class="stray_quote-260029">&#8220;<em>There is nothing, really, to be afraid of. As we 

learn this, we grow in our faith, we grow in strength, and most important we grow in our capacity to 

love.</em>&#8221;<br/>by&nbsp;Robert O'Brien<p align="left"><a onclick="newQuote

('testimonials,inspiration','another+quote+%26raquo%3B','260029','http://next.p-pr.com/wp-content/plugins/stray-

quotes/','1','0','','0','','loading...','')" style="cursor:pointer" >another quote &raquo;</a></p></div></p>

It’s hard to show you, you need hte > there …Just add the >

Ah…good catch. Stupid Wordpress plugin was the culprit. I’ve since deactivated. thanks

Glad it worked ;). You’re welcome.

This kind of thing happens to me all the time.

Good thing we have others who can help us spot things like that . . . after we’ve spent 10 hours staring at something that obvious.

:wink: