:::sigh::: comments not working in WordPress

I’ve been dealing with this for a few hours now - the comment is supposed to post without page refresh but that does not happen. Just hoping to see if any of you see anything that jumps out that may be preventing comments from posting. The comment count goes up, but comment does not post on the page.

The weird thing is if I copy the code from the default wordpress theme and place it overtop of this code, then the comment will post and stick - but completely wrecks the appearance of the page.

I’d be willing to make a payment through paypal for any help with this issue

Thanks!

<?php
/**
 * @package WordPress
 * @subpackage Classic_Theme
 */
?>
 <?php 
   global $options;
foreach ($options as $value) {
    if (get_option( $value['id'] ) === FALSE) { $$value['id'] = $value['std']; }
    else { $$value['id'] =get_option( $value['id'] ); }
     $$value['id'] = stripslashes($$value['id']);
    } 
 ?>
<?php
echo "comment-source:";
if ( have_comments() ) : ?>

<?php foreach ($comments as $comment) : ?>
<div class="comment_wrapper">
 <div class="comment_author_avatar_wrapper">
   <?php echo get_avatar( $comment,  54, get_bloginfo("template_url")."/gfx/gravatar.png" ); ?>
   <div class="comment_author_avatar_border"></div><!-- END "comment_author_avatar_border" -->
   <div class="comment_author_avatar_shine"></div><!-- END "comment_author_avatar_shine" -->
 </div><!-- END "comment_author_avatar_wrapper" -->
  <div class="comment_bubble_wrapper">
 <div class="comment_bubble_top">
 <div class="comment_content_wrapper">
 <p class="comment_meta"><span class="comment_author_name"><?php comment_author_link() ?></span><span class="comment_date"><?php if(get_post_meta($post->ID, 'blog_display_commentdates', true) == "true") comment_date($cz_blogcom_dateformat) ?></span></p>
 <?php comment_text() ?>
  </div><!-- END "comment_content_wrapper" -->
  </div><!-- END "comment_bubble_top" -->
 <div class="comment_bubble_bottom"></div><!-- END "comment_bubble_bottom" -->
 </div><!-- END "comment_bubble_wrapper" -->
 <div class="clear_both"></div>
 <div class="comment_divider"></div>
</div><!-- END "comment_wrapper" -->
<?php endforeach; ?>

<?php
else:
if ( comments_open() ) 
echo "<h1>".$cz_blogcom_nocommentsyet."</h1>";
else 
echo "<h1>".$cz_blogcom_nocomments."</h1>";
endif; 

?>

EDIT* I’m not trying to hit and run - i’ve been around sitepoint for some time, just decided to make a new name because my old one referenced a project I no longer am involved with.