Signatures

Hello there.
Why aren’t allowed to use Signatures :(?

Thank you.

You should be able since you have been a member for over 90 days.

I have aha, I’ve been here since 2011.

You’ve been a member for over 90 days so you are allowed to use signatures. Goto your UserCP (click settings - near the top right of the page) and scroll down, in the left hand menu in the “My Profile” section you should see “Edit Signature”

It’s not there for some reason :frowning:

[font=verdana]No idea why that isn’t showing for you, but try this direct link: http://www.sitepoint.com/forums/profile.php?do=editsignature[/font]

any way to buy premium membership in this forum?

@techstalks; I’ve been here for a few years and have never heard of a “premium membership”, AFAIK we’re all equal and free.

If I’ve missed something please let me know where I can learn more about it.

You might try signing out and then back in the next day. Sometimes that does the trick when certain features don’t seem to be available.

Need to wait 90 days for adding signatures. Any other way to add signatures?

nope. Those are the rules. And all external links are nofollow.

No. The forum rules on signatures are here. They specifically say:

Do not attempt to circumvent the 90 day rule by inserting a fake signature in your posts.

Why this place not allow the links? So let’s try it by using his word <snip>, are you familiar about it?

[FONT=Verdana]

If you have read this thread and the forum rules, then you’ll already know the answer.

OK, now you’ve tried it and you know what happens. Please don’t try it again. It would be a shame if you were banned for spamming. :frowning:

And in any case, all external links on this forum are nofollow so there really is no point in trying to circumvent the system.
[/FONT]

Hi, I don’t see the “Edit Signature” in My Profile settings. I have been the member for more than 90 days and the direct link to edit signature http://www.sitepoint.com/forums/profile.php?do=editsignature tells me that “Sorry, you are not permitted to have a signature.”.

Any help from the admin?

What day in July did you sign up?

Edit: ah, I see, July 12. Hm, odd. If you click the My SitePoint link above, what do you see down the left? You should see an Edit Signature link.

Give it a few hours then try again, most likely vBulletin is going by the time and date stored in the database that you joined and that might not necessarily be the same time that it was for you locally (different timezones)

90 days?
strictly

Yes, it’s for the purpose of discouraging people from signing up just so they can post signature links all over the place without really wanting to contribute meaningfully to the forums. :slight_smile:

Not to mention that despite having been a nofollow forum for years (certainly the last two that i’ve been around), Sitepoint is still on many mass-copy-pasted lists of “dofollow forums”. This false claim points many backlink-seeking robots/spammers here, which has led to the need for the rule.

Starting to think we should put a sticky at the top of this category with the title “THIS IS A NOFOLLOW FORUM” and one right below it titled “SIGNATURES ARE ONLY AVAILABLE AFTER 90 DAYS”