I know that might sound like a contradiction in terms, but I'm an optimist!
Most of the sites I build are straightforward html/css, and many have contact/enquiry forms built in. As a long-time user of Forms To Go, I'm disappointed to hear that they might have gone out of business (or at least given up on maintaining/supporting the product). So, I'm on the lookout for an alternative tool for building form-to-mail php scripts.
What I like/liked about FTG is:
- No ploughing through lines of php: everything's done through a simple interface.
- It's easy to configure field validation: simple drop-down menu options with additonal options built in.
- Built-in mailer: I don't have to dig out the settings and configure a mail server.
- It builds my php scripts automatically and saves the settings file so I can go back and refine it when I need to.
- Error message handling: I can specify the error message for individual fields which I can then embed onto the form itself.
- Handles multiple and pre-defined field types: so it'll give me email address validation, equal to validation (for "please retype your email address", UK postal codes (jsut the format, mind you, but that's all I need) and I don't need to go out and learn php.
- Simple email to form owner management: I can easily build the email which goes to the site owner, as well as confirmation emails to the user if required, define success landing pages and embed configurable error messages.
So, what's the view - is there a good alternative which can handle this? While I'm happy building responsive forms myself in DW CS6, if there's an all-in-one that does both, I'd be happy to look at it.
Thanks in advance,
Hi TrentSC. Welcome.
Have you checked out Wufoo?
I haven't, but I will! Many thanks for the suggestion.
This topic is now closed. New replies are no longer allowed.