Site isn't working

My site doesn’t work. Returns only a black page. Can anyone help with trouble shooting?

There appears to be nothing there. Are you sure you uploaded your files to the correct directory?

Hm, it’s a white page for me. :shifty:

There’s absolutely nothing in there—no HTML or anything—so we need to know a bit more about what you are doing to be any use to you. :slight_smile:

I changed the hosting account yesterday and copied and pasted all the files. Its not working after that. All the files are placed in public_html folder
Yes, its blank page. Could you please help me with the solution?

How did you copy and paste them? Do you mean you downloaded them from your old host and then uploaded them to the new host? Can you check that the public_html folder contains all the files you think should be there?

Exactly! I copied all the folder including public_html and uploaded them.
There’s no index file in the root folder but its in public_html folder.

[FONT=Verdana]I’m not sure what you mean by that. Which folder are you referring to as the “root folder”, because I would expect that to be the public_html folder. Which folder did your new hosting company tell you to upload your files to?

[/FONT]

Have you redirected your domain name to the new host?

the index files is located at /public_html/index.html and not in “/”. Hope you get it now. And I didn’t ask my hosting company about uploading new files.

Yes, I guess you are talking about updating nameservers. I did it.

OK, just needed to check. :slight_smile: They can sometimes take a while to update, but I guess that’s not likey the problem. Hmmm, very odd. If you look in your online control panel (if you have one) do you see the files in place, and if you open them, is the code there?

That happened to me, too. My problem was that I capitalized the “i” when naming the index file. It was in the right place but it needed to be “index.html” not “Index.html”. the I needed to change all my linked page references too.

Could that be it?

My mistake eventually! Thanks for making me pay attention to that. My files were not copied properly. They were there but were 0kb(incomplete).
Thanks a lot for helping with this.

Glad you got it sorted. :slight_smile: