Site Loading Slow

Visitors are reporting that this site is loading very slow for them. It comes up very quickly on my computer.

Any idea what I can do to speed it up?

Please advise. Thanks in advance!

It loaded for me in about 6 seconds. That’s not exactly fast, but considering how many Javascript files you are including, it is pretty decent. And considering that site is hosted on Go Daddy, that is about as fast as it is going to get.

Keep in mind that Wordpress is very bloated and there are a lot of file includes required just to render one page. That requires a considerable amount of resources. You will find no shortage of people complaining about Wordpress being slow, especially on crappy web hosts.

Now, I don’t know if this is hosted on Go Daddy shared hosting or a dedicated server. Go Daddy is a well-known overseller and they cram as many accounts on their servers as possible. My experience with Go Daddy years ago was that page generation speed was acceptable (but not fast) when I first started but got slower and slower over time as the server became more and more overloaded.

The true test is to check during peak times, usually in the late afternoon about 4 - 6 PM Eastern Time. That’s when Go Daddy’s servers were the slowest when I was on them. I’ll try and check again about that time (if I remember) and see how it is at that time.

Try checking the load times during various times of day, especially during peak time in the late afternoon to early evening. Be sure to clear your browser cache each time or find some online tool to check your load time. Then you may get a better idea.

Thanks cheesedude. I appreciate the incite.

I removed a few unused plugins but cant really tell if there’s a difference in speed. Again, it renders fairly quickly on my computer but others are not seeing the same thing. Is it still slow to you?

Maybe the next step will be to change one of those sliding image gallery plugins to an animated gif. But moving the site away from wordpress or from Godaddy isnt in the cards right now.

I don’t know much about Wordpress but I can’t for the life me figure out what warrants all those JavaScript and CSS files. From looking that the few pages on the site there is maybe only two of three JavaScript effects in place. So it looks like most of those files have to do with functionality for the admin. If that is the case perhaps there is some type of module out there that can delegate the files but more important aggregate and compress them so that all JavaScript and CSS are served in two requests. Wordpress is on a whole though a resource intensive hog. The site takes about 5 seconds to load for me which is fine.

Had any plugins been installed on the live server around the time it started to load slow, if so try disabling that plugin

follow the google guidelines to improve the speed of site opening also rectify the code errors and make that better

sixrfan, as of this moment that site took me 12 seconds to load. Yes, that is slow. But it’s pretty normal for Go Daddy.

Try downloading Firefox and use the adding firebug. Then open a google webmasters tools account and there is an option for site performance. Google makes a plugin for fire if which will analyze your site and score it based on the speed and performance. Give that a try.