Site Resizes in Different Browsers

Hi,

I made 1 site which appears very similiar in Firefox, IE and Chrome. However I have made a second site which in IE and Chrome it appears larger as if I am zoomed in.

I used the same structure as the first site. Does anyone have any suggestions please on how to ensure a site appears the same scale in IE, Chrome and Firefox.

I’m quite stumped as to why it oversizes in IE and Chrome.

Are you using any kind of special fonts? When i have made sites in the past with unique fonts ie not helvetica or arial, if i failed to upload them it can make the site distorted, because the browser looks for the nearest font type.

Hi,

It could be that. How do upload fonts? Is something that only affects my browser or other peoples also?

Thanks,

Sorted it. I pressed CRTL + 0 (zero) and it reset Firefox back to 100% and it makes the page appear as the other browsers so I have been using the wrong in Firefox!

Firefox doesn’t give you zoom measurement.

haha! :smiley: it’s always the simple things we miss. Glad you got it sorted. As to the answer for your other question btw, if you ever use unique fonts on your site, make sure they’re in your folder directory for your site, just copy them accross. Then when the site uploads the fonts upload with them.

I would try Twitter Bootstrap. Even if you choose not to implement your website using a fixed grid. Bootstrap responsive would do the job.
If you do want a fixed grid, it will have the same support (except, of course, rendering issues)
<snip />