Sitepoint Magazine

Hey I am not really sure where this should be posted, so sorry if its in the wrong section.

I have seen that site point do a lot of web development/design stuff, and the forums isn’t only whats there. There are the forums, articles, books, courses to help you. But I think it would be brilliant to have a monthly magazine or something. I would easily pay £6+ for a monthly site point magazine on just general web design, maybe new programs out there etc. I can personally see a lot of people buying this.

I have already signed up to the Versioning newsletter.

If this is actually already a think, please tell me about it!

That’s an interesting idea. What would you expect to see in each month’s newsletter? The trending articles for that month? So you primarily have a hard physical copy of them in a magazine format?

As you know (because you signed up to one of them) Sitepoint already writes a bunch of newletters you can subscribe to. They’re free. I consider this like mini-magazines.

Also, as I community, we’ve written a book (a PDF that you can download for free but may be a bit dated now).

We also, as a community, did quite a bit of contests and other stuff but participation, at the end, was low.

I’m sure that we will do this kind of stuff again but right now Discourse is taking quite a bit of our time.

Still, I’ll have @Ophelie and @Jasmine to take your idea and study the benefits and cons of it.

edit: Yes @James_Hibbard and @cpradio do a lot of searches and curating to bring the best of .NET, Javascript and so on…

1 Like

And @Paul_Wilkins!

D’oh… Can’t believe I forgot to add him to the list! Sorry!

It would be nice to have trending articles in it, and maybe some exclusive ones to make buying the magazine a bonus.

I also think it would be cool to have interesting fixes from the forums, so if say a lot of people are having issues with a certain thing on css then its covered in the magazine.

It could also talk about new programs which come out and if you should have a look at them, maybe review them and rate them. Just general stuff which a magazine talks about. It would be a good source of money as I can see myself paying more for this than I would usually spend for a magazine.

1 Like

Are there more than Versioning? Could you tell me where I can subscribe to them please.

I’m sorry, my mistake. There used to be more than one but now you have Versioning… in different flavours.because when you sign up you tick those areas that you’re interested on. So you have Versioning Ruby, Versioning Design…

Have you seen this?

Yes I have that for everything :slight_smile:

Okay. Just wanted to make sure as Versioning and that newsletter link are the only two that I know of. Just wanted to make sure you knew of both :smile:

Is there any list or archive of newsletters? Can’t appear to find any. Versioning does so I hope newsletter does as well.

No, sorry.
I asked this a while back but no joy.

That’s a real shame actually. Is it something they refuse to do? Can’t do? I know I personally would like to look through archives and it’s a shame there isn’t one.

If anyone has all the e-mails for the newsletters, get in contact with me; please forward them to me :wink: .

Not exactly — Versioning is a daily newsletter with mostly non-SitePoint content. Our other newsletters are weekly or fortnightly (depending on the topic) and mostly include SP and SP Forums content.

Nah, just an oversight. We didn’t really think anyone would want a page like that!

And because you asked nicely, here’s every newsletter we’ve sent since July 24 2014:
http://www.sitepoint.com/newsletter-archive/

3 Likes

Well from my perspective, you guys do great newsletters. I want to see what I’ve potentially missed over the past few mnths (maybe longer depending on how fast the industry is) :wink: .

Thanks for the archive!

We will launch a Forums newsletter in May, so keep an eye out and send content my way :wink:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.