Sitepoint Shutterbug 2014

Great photos all. Wish I could enter but I can’t. I flunked geometry! :lol:

There are some interesting photos with a lot of lateral thinking. I have always wanted to see the Forth bridge but its a bit of a trek from here.

I Have misplaced some of my camera gear and can not post the image I want until I find it but here is something to keep you going:

It was taken in Paris in 2007 using a compact camera; I just walked around the corner and this building was in front of me.

buh dum ching!

[FONT=Georgia]I’m blown away by how amazing everyone’s photographs are! And what amazing ideas!

Keep 'em coming![/FONT]

Perhaps I should submit a self-portrait. For quite a long time I have been called a square. {and my humor is a bit obtuse}

Just make sure you take it from the right angle. Perspective is everything :smiley:

Somebody mentioned Pisa? :smiley:

Geometry is everywhere. Especially in architecture:

A church roof (Pisa)

A building (Florence I believe)

Another building, this time hexoctagonal (Florence)

That’s certainly true. The architecture round here isn’t as impressive as yours, but we do like to be different, so we have a round church:

(built without corners for the devil to hide in, apparently :shifty:)

and a square lighthouse:

(@Francky - I was on the ferry when I took that one, so if it’s a bit squinty, I think I have an excuse. ;))

New one from me

Let it spin

I really like that, with the constast of the swirls against the background tiles. :slight_smile: Is it a child’s spinning-top?

Yes :slight_smile: my small cousin.

You’re spinning your cousin? Cool! I’d love to spin my kids like that (though somebody’d probably report me for it :D)

[ot]

If you think that’s bad, you should see how he treats his friends. :eek:

:lol:[/ot]

[ot]

Oh, he was all over the entire park that day.
He just couldn’t stop, I was the dizzy one :slight_smile:

I will have a headshot campaign among all my friends this spring.
I hope no one will escape! :p[/ot]

Found three more Geometrical photos, some with strange angles.

Scaffolding, Vientienne, Laos

Pinklao Ferry, Bangkok, Thailand

Under the Boardwalk, Koh Phangnan, Thailand

Also some others:

[CENTER]
Alp Church:
Symmetric / Asymmetric

Alp House:
Lots of shapes, angles, curves and geometry
([U]better quality here[/U])

Happy B!
Traffic signs for nectar[/CENTER]

And this one:

[CENTER]
Rainbow at waterfall:
The perfect natural ellipse
[U]better quality here[/U] [/CENTER]

• Note: Under the [U]next[/U] button is the cascade in full glory (click the link “Follow the stream!”) :slight_smile:
    Over there also some horizontal panorama’s, one with the parallax effect for better 3D, and more photo’s for interested hikers.
    For isn’t the goal of our pictures: making websites? :wink:

=======

The rainbow photo is one of them! In fact it is a montage of 2 photographs, for there was no possibility to step backward for the total (and didn’t have a wide-angle lens).

=======

Aha! But I think there is no excuse, TechnoBear, for there is the wonderful tool [U]ShiftN[/U]!
([U]see here[/U]; I use it every now & then to correct architectural things as the Alp Church and Alp House from above)

=======

It seems Italy has a patent on distortions: besides the Pisa-declination there is also the Pizza-perspective. :smiley:

:lol:

How about a geometrical view out of the window… :slight_smile:

This one is BRILLIANT. There are countless geometric shapes in that image. And then the dichotomy with the foreground plants’ shape(s) obscured (softened) by the snow!