SitePoint's daily newsletter, Versioning

We were (briefly) discussing the SitePoint newsletters over in the developer health thread, and that reminded me to share a link to SitePoint’s newest newsletter, Versioning.

It’s a daily overview of interesting developer links/news, written by @Adam. We launched it a few months ago and reception so far has been great, but I’d love to hear what forum members think. Previous issues are at sitepoint.com/versioning; here is today’s edition.

3 Likes

I’ve been subscribed since it was launched and I love it! Highly recommend everyone subscribe to it.

It not only contains lots of interesting links that will keep you up to date with things going on in the web world, but it’s also full of great humor, puns and amusing turns of phrase. Always makes my day. :slight_smile:

Thanks Ralph, really glad you’re enjoying it, and good stuff for getting in on the ground floor :slight_smile:

The next Versioning is #100, which seems a little ridiculous tbqh.

1 Like

Yep, utterly ridiculous. You should be ashamed. :stuck_out_tongue:

Seems like you only started a few weeks ago—can’t believe it’s 100 instalments already.

1 Like

Subbing now…

Is there any way to get this into my RSS feed? I rarely do newsletter subscriptions by email (that’s so 90s - early 00s). I’d much rather have them in my RSS feed.

Isn’t that old too? Especially when some providers are getting rid of their RSS readers

You’ve got me thinking, now, and brought up an old annoyance (finding and collecting news and such).

Made a topic for discussion: How to collect and consume news / articles

if it’s of any interest.

Maybe… ? Not sure. Feedly has been an awesome replacement to Google Reader (which I used previously). I can’t live without a RSS reader. That is where I get 90% of the data I read.

I’m just subscribed to a lot of email newsletters, as that works best for me. There’s always Hacker News, too, of course, though I rarely go there.

Yes I like and subscribe to Versioning. Surprised how on a daily basis the news always appears fresh.

Instead of RSS Feeds I prefer http://www.watchthatpage.com and https://www.google.com/alerts.

1 Like

Love vesioning! awsome newsletter

Hi @kryddmormor, welcome to the forum.

Good to hear you enjoyed the newsletter.
What is it about versioning that you love?