Slider in right column not working correctly

Hi, cgacfox,

Sorry about the Mr/Ms blooper. I would swear that I read your profile but apparently not very well. Your designs convinced me that you were a Ms, but something unexplainably altered that conviction. Must have confused you with someone else. Chalk it up to cerebral malfunction. :-/ Seems to happen more and more. <sigh>

I made menusprites.png by copying a precise 106 x 50 portion from the original sprites and pasting it into the menusprites.png file.

You are probably quite good with graphics, so you can probably make another sprite in the conventional way, then open up a 50px high spot in the menusprites.png file, then carefully copy and paste a the 106 x 50 portion in. After doing that once, you’ll probably come up with a better method such as making a 106 x 50 template. 106 x 50 is exactly 1px from the center vertical and horizontal text/edges… the max text area within your menu image.

In the CSS, you will also have to alter the vertical positions of all sprites that appear below the one that you add. Fortunately, the numbers are multiples of 50 so it’s pretty easy. :slight_smile:

If you have any problem, just make a conventional “sprite” and post it in the forum. I’ll download it and copy it to “menusprites.png” and make screenshots showing how it’s done.

The image program that I use is GIMP, but the process would be the same in PhotoShop.

I sort of understand how you did this but the missing page needs to go between lanyards and bookmarks. I will have to redo the entire sprite in order to insert the missing page link. Working on redoing the sprite now. BTW, I use Fireworks as my preferred graphics app. I know that Adobe has decided to drop it and it makes me sad. I have always used Fireworks from when it was still part of Macromedia. I am trying to get comfortable with Photoshop but that app has a high learning curve in my opinion and it was originally created for photo manipulation! But I digress!

I don’t know if it is just my laptop or what but I am testing in Chrome, FF, and IE9 and the menu is backwards. This is using what you sent me before adding the new sprite that I created with the new button.

Edit - just tested on my PC and I am getting the same problem. I uploaded everything to http://foxdencreations.com/new_site/foxdencreations-index6b.html.

Which proves conclusively that lightning can indeed strike twice in the same place! :lol: Another “oops”, I’m afraid :-\ . Each of the vertical offset vaues in the menu CSS should have been preceeded by a minus sign. Adding the minus sign will correct the error. Sorry.

I created/revised 4 files:

foxdencreations6c.html (adds a menupad after “lanyards”)
foxdencreations6c.css (fixes vertical offset and adds blank sprite after “lanyards”)
menusprites.png (adds a blank sprite after “lanyards”)
menuspriteblank.png (new; a blank menu sprite template/master, if desired)

The files are located here:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/wd5i57jowaezw2t/1jEbNPhxdo

There is probably no need to re-download the other images.

PS: FYI only… the screen shot that you posted is reduced in size… details are too small to be useful and side-by-side screen comparisons are not possible. The link to your web site was perfect, though :slight_smile: .

Thanks again ronpat. Got it to work properly.