Sliding Thumbnail Gallery

Good morning!

I need to pick a few brains here because I’m not sure the best way to approach this. I have a few images set up in custom fields, call them image1 and image2, and their values are pointing at the images absolute location on the server.

Here is what I want to do, I want to show these images held in the custom field as images in a slider - there will be multiple sliders like this on one page. The idea is that this page is a “Portfolio” page, and each post has its own sliding set of thumbnails.

I’ve tried a few plugins, but nothing that worked the way I wanted it to… suggestions?

Was Nivo Slider one that you tried? I believe it has a WordPress plugin specifically, but it may cost you a few bucks.

Yah I tried Nivo’s plugin… I’m wondering if going the non-plugin route would be a better option… is there a way to call the images in php in query so I dont have the same slideshow on each post… I ran into that issue today…

I guess my real problem is how to show each recent post’s thumbnail slider on one single page, which is calling all the posts from a particular category

Good question. Would you be able to run a PHP code widget so you can manipulate the code any way you wanted, or is that something you already tried?

Well I tried setting up the slider in a <div> and then called the images via echoing the php custom field id - that worked great, but it applied itself to each one of the posts on the page, I’m sure its how I’m formating my query

I think the best way to do it would be to place html on the page where you want each slider eg default.php and also css in the style.css and place the jquery script in the head tags.

The flexslider has the best instuction on how to do this but I’ll list some other great styles that i think you might like too

Flex slider:

FlexSlider - The Best Responsive jQuery Slider

apple like slider:

Slider Gallery | jQuery for Designers - Tutorials and screencasts

six revisions ( good tutorial )

Create a Slick and Accessible Slideshow Using jQuery

Lots of slider of interest:

Examples of jQuery Sliders in Web Design, Plugins and Tutorials - DesignModo

Hope that helps - let me know what you come up with

here is interesting responsive slider - http://designmodo.com/responsive-slider/ maybe will be useful.