Slight glitch with Photo Gallery

I am using a photo gallery from Stu Nicholls which I have adapted slightly for my own use.

When I first click on a thumbnbail after the page has loaded I get a slight jump up the screen. This does not happen on subsequent clicks.

I am sure that this is very simple but I have come to a dead end in trying to sort it out.

I have set it up on here:

http://www.justinoakleyandassociates.co.uk/clickgallery.html

Can anybody help?

Thanks

The reason you get the jump on the first click but not any others is because by the time you get to the second click, the page is already ‘pre-jumped’. If you scroll right up before the second click, you’ll get the jump again. Because the ID you are linking to isn’t at the very top of the page, it moves down slightly when you click the link. One way to get around it would be to get rid of the extra spacing at the bottom of the page, which would stop the page from being able to jump.

One issue I have with this design is that it downloads all fullsize images just to load the page, regardless of which thumbnails the visitor actually clicks on.

Thanks for your help Stevie D.

The point about loading full size images is the only issue I had with the gallery.

Are you able to point me to a method / gallery that only downloads the image when it is required?

Thanks

Hi,

You need to add ahigher z-index to the thumbnails as I can’t click any of them in Firefox or safari.

ul#thumbnails  li {
    float:left;
    position:relative; 
    top:500px;
z[B]-index:99;[/B]
}