Slightly Wide Page - Centering Page on Page Load

Hi all,

I’ve really shaved down on my page at Atlanta Review. I have an issue with how to center the page on page load. My page is just a bit wide right now, but I think it would be good to center the focus when the page loads.

Also, why is the page still tall? It should be pretty short (700-800px total page height).
Check it out and let me know what you think. :smiley:

Hello,

This will be my first post here, been lurking for roughly a year now on these forums, which has helped me alot, so it’s time i’ll start to try and contribute :slight_smile:

#rightside {
    float: right;
    [COLOR="#FF0000"]margin: 405px 12px;
    min-height: 800px;[/COLOR]
    width: auto;
}

The reason for your page being this tall is the style of your rightside div, is the part in red. U have a margin of 405px applied to the top and bottom. Try setting it to margin: 405px 12px 0 12px; that way it should still have 12 pixels margin on both sides, and only 405 pixels at the top. Also the min-height: 800px; is creating excess page height, so u could try to reduce the value of that, or even remove it completely. :slight_smile:

Not sure what u meant by centering the focus when the page loads, the page looks quite centered to me.

Welcome to front of house :slight_smile: Glad you decided to stop lurking and thanks for the post which seems to hit the nail on the head.

Great first contribution!