So is errata: JUMP START RWD

in p.55 in
JUMP START
RESPONSIVE WEB
DESIGN
BY CRAIG SHARKIE
& ANDREW FISHER
in the second time 980px appears mean 1200px, correct, so is errata?

Could you check the page number again? I don’t see either of those values on p55 or on pages either side of that. :-/

not near book now but look for “980px” in paragraph text (the second time it appears must be “1200px”)…

check p55 in both situations of count: physical count cover=1 or book count reading page=1 cover=i…

Neither worked. Just give the actual printed page number, as the PDF also shows those.

top left reading: Fluid Grids 55
the RED should be 1200px…
errata is?

We’ve used a max-width of 1200px. It’s a fairly arbitrary figure, but that’s what
Bootstrap considers the width of a large desktop device, and it allows us to show
us what happens when the browser window is wider than our max-width. Bootstrap
uses a 980px breakpoint as its “desktop” width, and 1200px as its “large desktop”
breakpoint. Anything larger than 980px will stop Bootstrap from behaving fluidly;
we want our content to flow, but we also want to stop that flow when the application’s
viewport is too wide to be easily read. And the 96% width ensures that there’s
a gutter around all the content, and allows for the original design having the
Speaker content all the way out to the edges of their blocks.

Oops, I was looking at the wrong book. Sorry.

Yeah, it’s a little hard to tell what’s being referred to there. The text doesn’t seem to match the code examples to me, but the grid example does seem to stop resizing well before it reaches 1200px width. It’s a pity that they’ve confused the whole RWD issue by introducing that silly BootsTrap.

14 Jump Start Responsive Web Design

p.14 “CSS lean” must be “CSS clean”, 3rd line , 1st P

ANOTHER ERRATA

No, that’s not a mistake. Keeping code “lean” means having nothing unnecessary in it. :slight_smile:

the <link rel=“stylesheet” href=“stylesheets/base.css”> must be <link rel=“stylesheet” href=“stylesheets/sheet.css”> to work the code in ch.4, RWD BOOK, the base.css no exist?

also the media queries in query.css mustn’t be like>>>
@media only screen and (min-width: 481px) and (max-width: 960px) { // instead of 480

@media only screen and (min-width: 961px) { // instead of 960

What page(s) are you looking at?

code files - download ch4 query.css

480 or 481, I don’t think it matters, TBH.

Not sure of your reference for post #9, but I think they were just mentioning base.css as a general example, anyway, rather than referring to a specific file.

btw, no work with base.css…