So nobody cares about forums?

The new design is OK yawn. But why shove forums all the way to the bottom, below the fold?

For me, that’s the most important part. It’s good to see some experts still contributing to the forums, answering questions, and helping people.

But what’s the name of that other help site?

It’ possible the link to the forums will go to the top of the main site, but we’ll see.

It’s not clear what you mean.

Don’t worry, the forums will be added to the top bar in due time. They didn’t want it up there in case the forum upgrade backfired (or the new design).

In my limited time here, I’ve always found that the advice offered in your forums far outweighs the drivel in the “articles” on your main page. Now you shift the focus away from the forums and towards the drivel. A step in the wrong direction, IMHO.

Everyone has an alternative when looking for an answer. They will probably use that. That’s what I mean.

I doubt this is the case. The new forums held despite the new design “backfire” a couple of weeks ago.

Well, I did hear it from good authority that the link will be moved. So I’m fairly confident it will happen. :slight_smile:

That’s an amazing statement. I really enjoy a lot of the posts on SitePoint. There is plenty of variety and lots of useful information and food for thought.

Each to his own, Ralph. I really do appreciate your efforts in the forums. Please take this rant as constructive criticism.

Sure there’s variety and food for thought but I’m not too sure about the “useful information” part.

I only read the articles that relate to my business. That’s usually Georgina, Craig and John. Ho-hum. I’d rather read a reply to a forum question by Ron, Force, Picnic, Paul, (amongst others) or even yourself. That’s where the real knowledge lies.

IMHO, it’s a web-design-101 mistake to banish the link to your forums to the bottom left corner. The credibility of Sitepoint is the responses that you have to people who are asking questions. And up to now, you’ve had a strong credibility.

There was no focus shift, we were just cleaning up some styling stuff before moving the link. It’s in the main header now. :slight_smile:

Good to see it back up at the top. :slight_smile:

Indeed it is. I’m really digging the forums, nice and easy to read.