Social Media Status Updates

I have no knowledge of web development as i am just a content writer and i would love to know more on this, is it possible to show up facebook likes on my website?
Also how to share my blogs(posts on my website) to be shared automatically on my facebook page, twitter, and G+.

My website is wordpress CMS.

Ervin,

Since you are using Wordpress, you can use a plugin to accomplish this. This one adds a like box to your site which shows how many people like the site as well as their profile images if you configure it that way.

You can also accomplish the same thing by copying and pasting code from the facebook developer’s site into an arbitrary text box of your Wordpress theme. Perhaps in the side bar. You can do likes or have a stream from any facebook page show up on your site,

Hope that helps,

Shawn

Since you developed website in wordpress,there are lots of free social media plugins available for integration.Most commonly used plugins are Share This,Sharebar,Follow Me.You can also download from design chemical.They have two plugins for social media. :slight_smile:

Of course there are many plugins for WP to share your posts. But why do you need to share them automatocally? Manual sharing will give you more benefits for SEO.

[font=verdana]I don’t about how much difference it will make to your SEO, but it can make a huge difference to your visibility and appeal if you manually tune your posts as appropriate for the site. The biggest issue here is Twitter … because it is such a different format to other sites, you really want to optimise your tweets for 140 characters. There’s one organisation that I follow on Twitter that really hasn’t got the hang of this – their tweets are just autoposted from Facebook (which is a bad idea in itself, because it then encourages people to only follow them on one or the other rather than both), which means they are written without any thought of the character limit, and then a shortened URL to the FB post if it goes over. So invariably you either get a brief message that is truncated by just a couple of words, meaning you have to load the FB page just for the sake of a couple of words that could easily have been squeezed in – or you get a longer and meatier post that hasn’t been front-loaded, so you get 100 characters in and still don’t know what it’s really about, so you don’t know whether you need to click on the FB link or not.

Manually composing your tweets is vital if you want to show real engagement with your community. That’s possibly less of an issue on other sites where you are not quite so restricted in how much you can include, but even so I would rather see someone making the effort to individualise the posts rather than just an autoposter.[/font]

You can try addthis or sharethis for showing likes/tweets and such without having to install a plugin. For autoposting to social networks there are plenty to choose from in the wp repository.

Truly, there are many plugins for updating status on social networking websites. And in fact, some of them provide free services. I am using one of them for my website and experiencing great media exposure to it.