Social Media Suggestions

Well you make a very strong case Shyflower! I am going to agree with you on this, however I would like to add that having people that are interested in the topic of your website as followers is better than people that just follow because you followed them. :slight_smile:

Totally agree. I think I mis-wrote what I meant or wasn’t complete enough. It should read:

“That is the group of people you want to follow, “share” or retweet to cater to their interests to build your own following through them.”

Now, the approach you had taken, to gain followers is miserable. Gaining just “number” of followers makes no point in gaining business opportunities. Engage in activities, that attract fans to your twitter page. Content is what really matters. Post informative articles, messages related to the industry you deal with, and only connect with people who you are sure of reading your posts. As soon as you receive a twitter request from elsewhere, don’t jump-in and accept, since Twitter is filled with fake followers, a main villain in sorting genuine followers. Post pictures now and then. Create a great twitter profile. Anyone should wish to be your follower looking at it. Follow only people whom you wish to be your followers, i.e, verified members. Never forget to interact with them. Retweet the posts of your fans, now and then, which makes them very happy. Arrange for competitions, contests or events via. Twitter, which attracts most people. Mention your twitter URL, in all your official signatures, and where ever you could insert. I was a beneficiary who found this site helpful in updating Twitter accounts <snip>

As someone said before reward your fans and followers with something special: a coupon, a giveaway , a freebie…

Why?

When you give your followers something unique and that it’s related to your business, you will grow your social audience with quality members.

A follow/unfollow strategy is worthless; you can improve your number of followers but your future interaction with them will be almost zero.

I think the most easy and simple way is using the popular post/news/event from popular website and tweet to your twitter. Follow people who has the same interests. Or you can follow the famous people, I’m sure they have a lot of followers. So you have a list of people who’s using Twitter!

Following the relevant people and admiring their twitter content or facebook, Orkut, Google+ or myspace posts/links helps to obtain more public supporters.

I don’t think Orkut has potential for Social media marketing. Reddit is better, i think.

There too many tools that providing free twitter followers why should not you try them out.

Because the question was how to attract genuine Twitter followers, not a load of useless fakes.

Try posting relevant stuff on similar pages on fb and/or liking posts there , consistently, enough you’ll receieve more likes …but the magic word is consistency…

Sharing the latest updates of your business or website on social media sites like facebook, twitter and some more sites can help in increasing followers and likes on the same.

sounds good. i will try this one. thanks

I do not think so if twitter fans help a lot. Some of them are not real, however, take the risk. Honestly, if you have bought those fans in fb, they can’t really help you or unless they have liked your page because you have something helpful in there.

Let’s talk about social media - social bookmarking sites are also social media - have your tried some of them? Try to look for high PR social bookmarkings sites and create an account.

At first, you will be overwhelmed by the number, but if you are using Gmail, you can create a worksheet via Drive and make an editorial calendar or table, list down all the trusted social media sites and save every important information and set your schedules to visit there - to promote your contents and interact with other users.

Yeah - social bookmarking can help you, this is who social media works for me. It won’t just give you backlinks, but popular sites like technorati, stumbleupon, digg have thousands to millions of visitors or readers daily or monthly, once you have saved useful information - there’s no reason it would be buried somewhere!

Learn how to use keywords in looking for topics, users or posts you want to read or interact.

The perfect solution for this is, We need to interact with the audience directly. We need to spread words by spending more time in social. It is not that easy. Once we earned brand name with positive reviews, the count will be increasing automatically.

social media have many classification.in the most valuable classification is social network.which is attachments of document,data and connection of each country to another country. if i tell about Social Media Suggestions that would be any one communicate any other person or company,he must be known as social network. facebook,twiter,google plus is the common social network

This is authentic approach shared by DavisJoseph! This is not a big task in start but after result evaluation we can plan for next to move forward to create the social media reliable sources. In start of any project you have to move slowly but with genuine methods. You little step have great value for you and helps you to seek the trend of the market. Choose best social media strategy and move by making planes.

And how exactly do you “make planes”.

Another tip would be to follow the same folks within your industry follow on Facebook. Just look up their interests. Also, see if you can peep in on the admins or whoever posts on your competition’s facebook pages and see where they share and/or post their stuff related to the company. Then follow them and also try some of their tactics. It over time you tend to pick up on what works due to the number of LIKES people get for certain posts— of course all dependent on the field of interest.