Social Networking scripts

Hey everyone,
I would like to hear some opinions about Social Networking scripts you guys used and the reason why. I am kind new to this domain but im reading as much as it can to make myself an opinion. Personally i chosed vld personal script which is not realy a social networking script is more like a dating script. Im not very satisfied with this script, it is very expensive and i paid until now about 800$ for commercial licence + new exclusive design and the payment implementation.

Well i have used boonex and socilaengine, you don’t get the results and control you want on these scripts, all these scripts are nightmares, if someone can spend upto $1000-$2000 he can get an awesome custom script generated. My experience with these scripts is bad!

I used iscripts socialware for my social networking. Its really an amazing script at an affordable price. Purely developed in PHP, so even i can do some little modifications to the script. The admin side is more powerful.

how about sharetronix ?
it look like a combination of twitter and facebook
just visit sharetronix or maybe status.net

I used a software from datetopia.com - but was a dating script and it was around 4 years ago. The script was good but I just abandoned the business.
I didn’t start with a social script yet … this because I did not find ways to make money with such a script.
However did take a look on the market and found as an option the script from twitter-script.com. I like the features and price. But did not buy it yet due to the fact: how do I make money with it?

you can go with oxwall social networking script, its very nice. I have tested the script and it works excellent.

Hi.
we are using socialengine script and its a very complete social networking script. this script have so many useful plugins too. check it out. socialengine.net also have up a demo for user side and admin side.

Elgg is a good choice as well

Business owners are constantly finding ways to stay ahead of the tough competition that is currently going on online. Hundreds of different methods are being introduced every now and then, from utilizing different search engine optimization techniques and link building to using social networking sites like Facebook and Twitter. There is, however, another option that has captured the interests of many business owners and has been proven to be an effective and affordable method - the use of social networking script

THanks for this script, i m still testing…

phpFox is a featured full to capacity social networking explanation. Get your communities with features like major social networking websites Facebook and MySpace.

I certainly don’t to try develop custom project from the scratch - it is too expensive and long, at the end you will have pure project which costs too much. I’d such experience in the past.
I’ve used dolphin but it looks ugly - not user friendly. I’m developing project on socialengine with various plugins - there are really bunch of available and great plugins for socialengine. Recommend to check SocialEngine plugins, templates, customization - Hire-Experts(using 6 plugins from them), I4US and SocialEngineMods.

Used WordPress + BuddyPress and also Elgg for social networking projects.
These free open source scripts have lots of useful plugins and templates ready to use.

Currently my best consideration for social networking is using Joomla + JomSocial. There are a lot of customization options since it’s mostly compatible with Joomla extensions like listing tools, seo optimization and newsletter generation.

Until now I only used script for social sites.
I tried once a script from datetopia ( dating script ) it worked fine the script and the site … but I did not make a revenue.
So from that point for me it was more efficient to use what it is.
If I’m going to go again with a social script … only with a good business plan.