SolidShellSecurity.com or DreamHost.com?

I’m trying to decide between the two. I’ve heard horror stories about unlimited web hosting but ive heard people talk great things about both these two hosts so i guess next step is to just pick one and hope for the best?

i need php and mysql hosting over everything else.

Neither. I found dreamhost to be unreliable and pretty flippant about serious outages, where as I’ve never heard of the other one, and a quick inspection shows them to look like any other anonymous host that uses a template for their website.

Closer inspection shows they hide behind domain privacy, are a fairly new domain, and don’t display either company registration details or a real address, which is something professional companies don’t do. I’d recommend you look elsewhere.

I just talked with a WordPress developer yesterday, and he said Dreamhost has trouble in security. Not sure if it’s still there, cause he used Dreamhost few months ago.

BTW, why do you want to choose those hosts? If you just need PHP, mySQL, there are multiple good vendors out there. Any other consider factors? Such as location, price, space, bandwidth. Or what are you going to host with that account? If you can show more details, we can direct you to a correct vendor.

I suppose I would choose Dreamhost, if only for being around longer. Solidshellsecurity.com was registered some 6 months ago. The domain seems to have expired at the end of 2011, after being active since 2010. I get the feeling that someone else managed to get it, so it may not be the same team that ran this business since 2010.