Some More Forum Changes

Very odd - something eating a little more space on your friends pc that isn’t installed on yours? Toolbar or osmething

No - I have more things installed on mine. :slight_smile: She’s using Xubuntu Linux and I’m using Ubuntu. Her Firefox defaults are set the same as mine (I know, because I set them :)).

Let me take a stab in the dark and say “fonts” then :smiley: I remember the HELL i had on my Ubuntu laptop with fonts :frowning:
Nothing looked right, not matter which fonts i put on and I do remember vastly different sizes being shown on sites I did at work.

That’s a thought. I have MS Core Fonts installed, but I suspect she may not. I can’t remember installing them for her and I set her system up. I’ll check in the morning.

Any progress on the issue in posts #9-#14?

Good call, Tim - that’s what it was. She didn’t have MS core fonts installed. Sorry, I should have thought of that. :slight_smile:

This:

i don’t think this has been asked yet…

what’s up with the non-functional “quick style chooser” dropdown in the orange footer bar?

That’s a feature.

It should list the user selectable themes on the forum. There aren’t any set user selectable I guess so it shows blank.

Oh, I’m not sure where thats set, its not a theme item - must be relating to one of the plugins on live. I’ll have a nosy :slight_smile:

Mat30 has started a thread regarding the menu issue raised in post #15 of this thread. Seems I’m not the only one with those problems. :slight_smile:

Is that you @TimIgoe; or is it something I need to log with the devs?

Hi,

First off I use Opera so this may not apply to others but, recently I had to change my custom stylesheet to stop long thread names that created long bread-crumbs that when the browser was positioned in a small enough width for the nav bar items to wrap the unanswered threads would not cover the bread crumbs nor would the length of the long thread title be obscured by the global search.

Admittedly my CSS changes could be causing their own issues, but I did remove my custom CSS and these problems still existed. I have since changed the CSS to:

body { line-height: 1.25 !important; }
#navbar {
  clear: both !important;
  margin: 0 0 20px 0 !important; 
}
.globalsearch {
  margin: 40px 0 20px 0 !important;	
}
.prev_next, .first_last {
  margin: 1px 0 0 0 !important;	
}

Everything now looks good whether the window is expanded or contracted.

Regards,
Steve

Thats one I can fix yeah, its an issue when the size of teh site gets “too small” (less than 950 px wide iirc)