Someone "cloaking" my domain

Hello All

Recently we noticed that a domain called (www.eveningbridalshop.com) is mimicing or cloaking our actual web site (www.princesssparkle.co.uk)

Should I be very worried?? It doesn’t seem to be harmful but I was worred about duplicate content and well…basically worried

It looks to be registered in China

Any help appreciated!

Thankyou

If the content is copied/pasted (with or without the formatting, colors, etc.) it’s theft… plain and simple (unless you get the content from someone else who also makes it available to others.)

Since it’s in China (and please don’t think I’m being racist), it’s probably stolen, since the Chinese gov’t isn’t real interested in enforcing copyright patents and the like. Or at least it doesn’t seem to be.

If it’s NOT the content that is the same, but it’s the same look/feel/layout, maybe it’s theft, but not sure if there’s anything you can do about that. There might be others, here, who could give advice on that.

HTH,

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Well, looking at the sites, I can tell that (www.eveningbridalshop.com) is a copy of your site (www.princesssparkle.co.uk). This is easly seen in the code. Actually it’s a direct copy. Pictures, php etc. Knowing this you won’t have problem proving which site is the original.

Now, to the hard part. As WolfShade mentioned, it’s hard to report thefts on websites. What I recomend you to do is read this: https://lorelle.wordpress.com/2006/04/10/what-do-you-do-when-someone-steals-your-content/ It has a lot of information about what to do in these situations.

It goes trough how you can claim copyright (I’m assuming you have one), how to ensure your copyright is valid, and much more. One of the things the site talks about is banning the copycat from search engines, making them harder to find.

To answer your final question. No, you should not be worried. Any reasonable person would easily see that the site is fake. It even says “by princess sparkle” in the freaking headline. Going to contact us, under facebook links, direct to your original facebook. This is clearly done by amateurs.

2 Likes

In addition to what other people have said, you might be able to take it up with the Domain Registrar as well as the Web Host if they aren’t in China. Getting the Registrar is easy as a Whois, like you’ve already done. I don’t know how to find out the Web Host, but I’ve had complaints filed through the host on sites I’ve worked on.

I may be mistaken, but I was under the impression that China’s internet was locked down to the outside world for the most part.

(On a side note, I think you mean cloned not cloaked)

2 Likes

http://nobistech.net/companies

So my guess would be Ubiquity Hosting.

1 Like

Awesome thanks!

So yeah, @wildchief their host is US based, contact them.

https://www.ubiquityhosting.com/about/contact

1 Like

Is it China you’re thinking of, or North Korea? I know NKorea has only four pipelines into the country, and only 1,000 IP addresses (and the only reason I know is because that’s what the news is reporting in relation to the Sony hack.)

:slight_smile:

No, China is communist and notoriously heavily censored.

I just read an article earlier today that mentioned N Korea not even having internet and just a country wide intranet.

1 Like

One recently copy and pasted my whole site word for word pixel by pixel. I contacted their host. The host said submit a properly formatted “dmca takedown request” and they will remove it. I have yet to do it. Lazy. Google is retared if I say so myself. I have a site that is 15 years old and does very well. Someone copies the site 14 years later word for word and they place directly behind me for given string of text. And some time before me. Google needs to work copying into their algorithm. Just as they do linking to. Or do it better at least.

1 Like

Thank you all for looking and helping. I will contact the host in the first instance

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.