We're a small team of creatives from Harrogate, and have put together a new concept for our website. It's something a little different - we've chosen a very minimalistic approach which some will love and others could hate.
Currently, the site is a one page design, however we do have plans to extend the website with some other bits and pieces!
Criticism to this day has mainly been on the lack of portfolio work displayed - though we tried to select only a few projects, one from each of the services we offer to our clients, we understand that people want to see more, and are currently developing a flick through feature within each of the portfolio boxes, so that visitors can view various projects from each of the three categories.
From an SEO perspective, the site suffers from it's minimalistic nature, but we hope to drive our customers to Jig Media via other resources.
Please give us your feedback!
Jig Media, Harrogate - Branding, Web Design and Marketing
your website has good design and everything looks professional to me. I had suggest you adding live chat script like livezilla to your website that way you can provide live chat to your visitors or customers. Evertying else is perfect!
It's an interesting take but I have some thoughts on it:
- you logo needs to be bigger
- your brand name should be near your logo
- I kept trying to click on the branding/web design/marketing expecting them to take me somewhere?
- your project popups need to grey more of the background as your footer blends too well with them
- your contact has no close?
- found the sub tabs within your projects a bit jumpy and think they would work better all on one tab
Hope that helps
Also, remember that in HTML4/XHTML, you are only allowed one h1 per page.
Thanks for your feedback! We've added the close button to the contact window. I agree that the tabs could work better, so we'll give this some further thought and make the development.
I've tidied up the header tags now. Thanks again.
Just some random thoughts...
- I like how clean and simple the site is, but it does need to be deeper
- I am not a fan of the "greyed" out social media icons - color is big hook for these, don't hide them from a user (I feel this is a personal preference and there may be arguments in the other direction)
- for some reason which I am not sure of I had to click twice in Chrome to activate pop up windows
- overall a little light on content - the lack of a portfolio (which you already id'd as an issue) needs to be addressed sooner rather than later as potential clients make decisions based upon previous work
- I find it frustrating when I click branding, web design and marketing boxes and nothing happens and I want more. In fact, if I click those first and nothing really important happens then I am less likely to click the boxes where something does happen.
Hope that helps a little. Overall I like the style, just tweak it up with content and fix the things you have already id'd.
Cheers for this Brian. Your comments are very much appreciated, as are everyone else's! I am pleased that you like the general style and concept of the site, it is different and does have character, but I think it is time to expand it a little, hopefully without loosing the simplicity.
- I like the layout,
- I would expect the boxes for branding, web design etc to be clickable and I find it weird they are not,
- And then it is even weirder that the links in the footer go no where and link back to the home page,,
- It would be more helpful and more impressive if the Google mapped worked and was not just a static image,
- I would recommend using preventDefault() to stop the page jumping up when any of the links are clicked, I find this very annoying and I should imagine other people do to,
- As mentioned before you should have a fall back for when JS is turned off,
- I would recommend creating flat pages with the content you are drawing in and then point the links to them for when JS is turned off,
- And something for perhaps a future phase add tracking events to the links with the Ajax stuff so you can see what people are doing, as your GA will be telling you very little as you only have one URL,
This topic is now archived. It is frozen and cannot be changed in any way.