South Tower Video - Kitesurfing under the Golden Gate

I have been working on filming this and editing it over the past year and its finally done!!
Watch the whole thing and I welcome all comments and critiques
Please repost and share the video if you can.

Enjoy!

//youtu.be/1wXdw5Rzq2o

A day at the South Tower. Filmed over the past year showing an average day of kitesurfing and life around the South Tower of the Golden Gate Bridge… where all the good wind and waves for are centered at.
Kiting at Crissy also has LOTS of perils and things that can (and do) go wrong out there even to the best seasoned local riders.

Always something fun to do and watch out there. Kiting, surfing, SUPing, windsurfing, sailing, swimming, tourist watching, etc
Riders

Bubble, Brown, P-Air, Charlie, Due, Heineken, Fares, Geleynse,
Stephaans, Von Tesmar, Will, Loscocco and many others…

Thanks to Ocean Rodeo, Windy Devil, USCG, and the rest of the Crissy Crew

Music:
Nightmares on Wax - Smokers Delight
Uncle Frank & the Codefendants (Will Morris)- Sidewalk Surfer
The Shamen - Purple Haze
Norah Jones - The Long Day Is Over

Wow…Awesome video!

This is great! I love the music and the kite surfing!

Thanks!

Great job!

The multiple cameras makes all the difference. I can only imagine how much material you had to work with and how difficult it was to edit it down to this 7 minutes.

Outstanding work!

That is awesome @loscocco; - I’ve tried kite surfing before and failed miserably so you have my respect!

Great work. That was a fun video :slight_smile: . I guess these guys are better off kitesurfing than sitting around in an asylum (where they really belong). :lol:

Out of interest, what camera(s) were used to take that footage? Also, what editing software do you use?

THanks guys,
Parking, Yeah it took a lot of time (maybe 48+ hrs nonstop) of time and several cameras to film and edit this over the course of a year. Not to mention years of learning to kite. LOL
Ralph, I used iMovie to edit it and a Canon 7D to film most with a little shot on a GoPro.
:slight_smile: