Sprite Image hover issue in Ie6

Hi All,

I am facing an IE 6 Issue. Here is the detail about it.

I have created a Refinement slider which shows price min and max range with two handler. By Dragging each handle it changed the Value. This is a Jquery refinement slider and over this I skinned it as per my design. It works fine in all other browsers. But It acts differently in Ie 6. The refinement drag handler comes file in on-load itself but while I point my mouse pointer over the handler image it disappears for fraction of second and appears again and while I start dragging it disappears and on release mouse it again appears.

Here I have provided my Akamai Image path instead of pointing local path like …/images/imagename.png

If I give the path like above this problem doesn’t appears. but when I give teh image path like this http://i.travelpn.com.edgesuite.net/images/merch/imagename.png then the above problem occurs.

same problem for the a sliding door button too.

For your reference I have attached a sample Page Please gothrough it and please let me know what’s the solution for it.

Thanks in advance.

Can you just post a link to the site in question instead of doing an attachment? It would make debugging much faster for us, considering we have to wait for a moderator to approve attachments :).

Thanks! Please refer this Url

http://pravat.co.cc/ie6Issue.html

Give me some IE 6 specific Solution.

Thanks
Pravat

Hi, if you mean the vertical position of the buttons, that’s because in haslayout mode IE contains floated elements. And as a result it is containing the button and hte other one gets pushed down.

Adding overflow:hidden; to “.filters” will get FF displaying like IE.

Then all you need to do is remove the top margin on “.buttonMargin”

Hi Thanks for you message. My Issue was not that. If you read carefully my First post I think You can understand. My Issue is not the button positioning Issue. This page is a Sample page.

Margin and Padding I can take care. But mail Issue is If you open this page in Ie 6 and If you hover the Price Slider handler You will see the Difference. It Flickers and when You start dragging it will disappear. Same for The button if you mouse over the Button it disappears for a Fractions of second and again it appears. same behaviors happens for each action. Please view the Page in ie6.

Thanks
Pravat

Hi,

I don’t get the image disappearing in My ie6. The hourglass flickers but IE6 always does that anyway. It seems to work ok although you are using transparency which ie6 doesn’t understand.

If the image is flickering badly at your end have you checked that you haven’t changed the default cache settings for images.

Go to Tools, Options, General tab, (Browsing History) Settings then set the option for "Check for newer versions of pages "to “Automatically” which is the default.

If you have"Every visit" selected then the image would be grabbed each time you hover it.

Other flickering issues are talked about here.

Hi,

Thanks for your Reply. I have done as per your instruction and changed the IE6 browser option. But Still same Issue persists. Please check the live url you will get idea about the Issue.
Step1: Open the url in Ie6 http://www.lastminute.com/merchandising/offers/HotelLanding.do

Ste2: Please mouse over the price slider handler or drag the price handler.

Step3: You will see Price slider handler Disappears for fractions or dragging time it disappears.

Step4: Same problem if you mouse over the Checkout Button.

Please let me know how could I fix this issue.

Thanks

Step2:

The link seems to be broken I’m afraid so I can’t re-check at the moment.

Can you confirm that other IE6 users are getting the same result?

It happens in other ie6 browser also. Please download the attachment (Ui Issue in ie6.zip ) from this post and check you will see the Issue. in ie6.

Thanks
Pravat

I only have the “ietester” ie6 version to test on but I don’t get the behaviour you mention which is why I asked if others were experiencing the problem. Usually the ietester renders exactly the same as the real IE6 but occasionally can differ.

It all seems to work fine for me but the hourglass does flicker but then it always did in IE.

Did you try the fix from here?

Otherwise we’ll have to wait for a real IE6 user to come along and test this but they are few and far between these days. :slight_smile:

I’ve just checked using browsercam’s remote service using a real ie6 version and the image does not disappear there either unless I change the browser preferences to “every visit” as I mentioned before. Once I change that setting then the slider does disappear and the other images also disappear when hovered as they are fetched anew.

That’s about as much as I can do from here I’m afraid.