SSL Certificate Comparison

Should I purchase the “Comodo Instant SSL” or “Trustwave Premium SSL” for my online e-commerce retail site?

Please don’t recommend other SSL’s. I am only choosing one of these two since I receive a discount.

Thank you

SSL Certificate is almost similar, only the providers are different. If I am not mistaken, Comodo offers cheaper SSL Certificate. However, in terms of the popularity, Trustwave is more popular. If I were you, I’ll choose Trustwave due to the brand popularity :slight_smile:

The question between certificates is how they benefit the user… so what you should be looking at is their browser acceptance rate, security seal [and public recognition of said name] and any special offers.

If you determine the programs are the same in acceptance and features and the price is different, then price wins, but usually there are other parts of the program you benefit from… even if it’s just a more known seal for consumers.

We have gone short observation for the SSL Certificate in concern of both branding. Both are same in feature and benefits to secure eCommerce Website.

Comodo Instant SSL at ComodoSSLstore.com

Pricing: 3 Years @ $34.67/yr. You Save 58%. [Highly Recommended]

Trust Wave Premium SSL at TrustWave.com

Pricing: 3 Years @ $73.33/yr.

Features & Benefits Comparison of both SSL Certificates

Comodo Instant SSL Certificate Feature & Benefits

1. Full business validated certificate
  2. Most trusted 2048-bit SSL certificate
  3. Trusted by all major browsers
  4. 99.3% browser Ubiquity
  5. Unlimited re-issuance Policy
  6. FREE Corner of Trust trustmark
  7. $10,000 relying party warranty
  8. 128/256-bit encryption
  9. 30-day refund policy
  10. Support by email and web

Note: Fully 30 Days Money Guarantee and Price Match Guarantee

Trust Wave Premium SSL Certificate Feature & Benefits

1. $100,000 Warranty
  2. Free lifetime reissuance
  3. 100% Trusted Root Guarantee
  4. Free Technical Support
  5. 30-Day Money Back Guarantee
  6. Free Trusted Commerce Site Seal
  7. Your organizations name appears in the certificate
  8. Not a low assurance instant issued certificate

Looks like I was on to something as a new, albeit non-scientific, study shows the vast differences in recognition between leading marks.

Take a look at the article: Trust Logo Recognition Precedes Presence | Actual Insights

Godaddy EV SSL. EV actually does have an affect on conversions. Godaddy’s is the cheapest I have found. If you are actually looking for a trust mark to go with it, then Verisign is the only one that really matters. Their EV is ridiculously expensive though.