Starting off with SQL basics questions

Hey guys, I am starting study SQL from here:

SQL Tutorial - Databases

I have installed SQL Server but stuck at :

SQL - Creating a Database

Creating a database inside of SQL Express has its advantages. After launching Microsoft's SQL Server Management Studio Express application, simply right-clicking on the Databases folder of the Object Explorer gives you the option to create a New Database. After selecting the New Database... option, name your database "MyDatabase" and press "OK".

First, si there supposed to be an icon for the server on my desktop? If so, none on my desktop. I looked in All Programs and am not seeing “Microsoft’s SQL Server Management Studio Express”? Help please?

You may have to download the maintenance tool separately. Although I thought it was in the sqlexpress download.

In All Programs I am seeing what’s showing in the attached image:

Try this link

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=7593

tried it and tried to install 2 times but having a problem it seems the software will not restart the pc on it’s own and when I do it manually nothing happens.

Also, before doing I choose the first option [see arrow] to install, is this correct?

What version did you download? What version of windows are you running? 64 or 32 bit?

DL the 32bit version, my system is x86 pc based, running Vista home Basic

Supported Operating Systems: Windows 7, Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Vista, Windows Vista Service Pack 1, Windows XP Service Pack 2, Windows XP Service Pack 3

Your running windows vista service pack 1?

Sp2

I did not do these listed in the Instructions, think this has anything to do with it?:

Step 1: Download and install Microsoft .Net Framework 3.5 SP1.

Step 2 Download and install Windows Installer 4.5.
Step 3 Download and install Windows PowerShell 1.0.

I tried this one:

SQL Server 2008 R2 Express
32-bit Database and Management Tools

and looks like it works!