Static PHP File Management CMS For Site

Hi,

I’ve recently been moving away from what i normally use (joomla then wordpress) for sites, and going back to a static php file site.

I simply find i have so much more control over the seo for each individual page with simple folder url structures and php include files for blocks of navigation.

The point of this post.

Is there a popular simple cms, that solely functions as a way to manage and add files in your root folders on the hosting?

I don’t know if this makes sense, but basically i’m trying to setup a site as efficiently as possible in php files that support simple php functions.

I want to create pages as folders with subpages and thats it. I like the simplicity of using php include functions for site-wide / sectional repeating blocks of content.

Wordpress 3.0 is very close to what i like as a cms with alot of add ons installed, BUT i hate the way the pages are setup in the admin when i want to have alot of sub-page articles. Its also a pain to setup files that don’t display the same exact widget content across the whole site.

Thanks For Looking!

I think the best option for you will be drupal try that

I really like using Etomite CMS (http://www.etomite.org). It’s open source and free. I’m not 100% sure if it will achieve what you are trying to do, but there is a built-in file manager.

I love the simplicity of it, but it’s got great potential to be extended to do almost anything you want. And it only takes up 2MB on the hosting server.