Step though SESSION array after page redirect

Hello!

I’m receiving data in the URL that tells me if a person wants to do something NOW or LATER.
I have a series of surveys that need to display one after another.
I would like to show the survey’s marked as NOW first, then show the survey’s marked as LATER.

The first URL I receive will look something like this: surveygroup.php?suvey1=NOW&survey2=LATER&survey3=NOW&survey4=&survey5=LATER

The order I want to show the survey’s would be:

1. survey1
  2. survey3
  3. survey2
  4. survey5
    (skip survey4)

The trouble starts after the first survey is submitted. Because I’m using a 3rd party to handle the forms, I need to redirect back to my page. The redirect URL could tell me which form was just filled out. But I’ll need to keep the arrays in the global $_SESSION so I can somehow keep stepping through the NOW and LATER arrays.

I’ve got this so far:

if (!empty($_GET['survey1'])) {
  if($_GET['survey1'] == 'NOW') {
    $now[] = 'survey1';
  } else {
    $later[] = 'survey1';
  }
}
// repeat for each survey...

$_SESSION['now'] = $now;
$_SESSION['later'] = $later;

Once the first survey is submitted, I would need to move the array pointer to the next survey in the NOW array. Once I’m at the end, I would start the LATER array, until I reached the end of that array, and show a thank you message.

If this makes sense to you, that’s wonderful! If you have a suggestion for me, I’d greatly appreciate it.

Just merge them together, then have an extra session variable that tracks progress.

$_SESSION[‘survey_list’] = array_merge($_SESSION[‘now’], $_SESSION[‘later’);

Now you can just store the value like “3” in another session variable, and you’ll know that 3 is completed (or current depending on how you want to code the logic)

Also
if (!empty($_GET[‘survey1’])) {
if($_GET[‘survey1’] == ‘NOW’) {
$now = ‘survey1’;
} else {
$later = ‘survey1’;
}
}

Can be done with a for loop (for i=1;i<=5;$i++); and repeat the code to prevent code duplication.

Thanks for the response wonshikee. I like the merge idea, then run through the one array.

The part I’m stuck on is how to keep track of the progress. I don’t understand how I can know which survey to load, or where I am in the array after each redirect.