<strong> </strong> tags around my targeted keywords

I have new content for my home page with my targeted keyword. Is it OK to use <strong> </strong> tags around my targeted keywords? I already have h1-h3 tags on home page . I mean, what is the effect on my SERP?

Thanks

The point of strong tags is to emphasise text for the reader, not for search engines. Optimising your site is fine, but don’t abuse code and show contempt for your audience in the process. :slight_smile:

agreed with ralph, the HTML <strong> tag is used for indicating strong importance for its contents…the I tag, which displays text in italics and <B>, which adds weight to the font face, are the only ones that could eventually influence rankings…however, they don’t add any semantic value to a page, and it’s advisable to use <EM> and <STRONG> if you want to communicate something to search engine bots…

well it is better to use strong then bold tag so you can do it. But just don’t overdo it :slight_smile: If it looks good to the reader than it is good for google just add few strong tags arround the most important keywords. :slight_smile:

Well, I am also agree with what people said above. It’ll be definitely good to your website audience but it’ll not make any difference for search engine crawlers. if you over optimize it the content by making so many keywords with BOLD, it will be like you’re abusing your keywords so don’t do that.

hi,
i always use <strong> for keyword,it’s seem like google index much

Page tittles, header tags, larger text sizes, and bolding text are an effective way to communicate to the search engines which keywords and phrases are relevant to your content and what your page is about. These properties convey the importance of the text - not only to search engines, but to readers too.

So, I think its better to use header tags like <h1> <h2>…and also to use <strong> tag instead of <b> tag.

The strong tag will make your text bold, which understandable to users not to bots. Bots will not consider it as heading tags, for bots you have to use proper heading tags.