Subdomains and Directories

Hi members. I just got an account on hostgator, installed wordpress and made my first post.

I am pretty dumb as far as technical issues are concerned. However content and SEO interests me. I had heard that it is better to install blog and images on on subdomain.

I went ahead and created a subdomain for the blog and one for images. Now the trouble is I can access the blog on both : the subdomain as well as directory. I just want it to be accessible on the subdomain. Havn’t hosted any pics so far. The url I get for my blog post is like : abc.com/blog/?p=3 … I’d like the URL to pick up the post heading automatically, like on blogger.

Another issue is that homepage of the website still has the Hostgator getting started page. I just want to use Wordpress as the CMS. How do I make the hostgator default homepage go away?

Thanx a lot in advance.

What is wrong with having access to your blog on subdomain and directory?

I am stupid as far as technical issues are concerned. Anyways I just deleted the installation and reinstalled WP in the root folder. :slight_smile:

I better concentrate on content and SEO. Will get sites designed professionally if they make money.