Subject Matter

I have my personal blog, which I write about Linux, Unix and in the future technology in general. These are related subjects.

But what happens if I want to blog about cooking or something outside of the subject matter. Is it better for me to create a separate blog or its okay since its a personal blog?

The point of my blog is to share information on linux and to be seen as a expert in the field. As I want to one day become a Linux Consultant.

What do you guys think?

Well, if you were looking for what, what would you prefer to see?

For example, if a friend searches for “Joshua Rasnier” and sees posts covering different facets of your life, adventures and interests, probably no problem.

But if someone searches for “New *nix Release” do they really care about things like “my new pet dog” or “family get together photos”?

I understand. When putting out that your an expert on a personal blog, does it help to show some personality?

That’s hard to say. I think some people would like to see a little bit of stuff that shows you’re a normal healthy human, while others might like a strict business-only image.

You don’t want to put you own J—A-- 3D stunts online, or anything unprofessional, but IMHO a little bit of the “human touch” should be acceptable to most (atleast it would be to me) as long as its minimal compared to the pro content i.e. the main focus is the pro content - and oh by the way, I also like ___.

But as the saying goes, you can’t please everyone all the time.