Submenu goes away when attempting to click in Safari Mac

On this site, if you hover over the left menu with a Safari Mac and attempt to hover over the submenu, it disappears. Anyone have a suggestion on how I may fix this? On other browsers (except Chrome), it works pretty good!

Works fine for me in Safari for Mac. :-/

I can’t recreate the error either however if it is still happening for the OP (toad78 this means you) can you please provide the links you clicked on to recreate the error.

I think this will have something to do with the margining of the sub-menu. If there is a little gap (1px margin) then when the mouse hovers over that for a split second it will cause the sub menu to collapse as the browser interprets that as the mouse leaving the menu.

That’s just a guess. Happy to confirm if the OP can provide the details above.

Thanks, gents.

I took the step of converting most of the fonts from cufon to @font-face with the exception of a few items (I tried with the main menu (at the top) but it didn’t look very pretty).

The left menu (category) is working fine. No issues when hovering over that submenu anymore. Instead, I’m encountering a situation where now the main menu submenu ‘pops’ (hover over ‘Products’ on this page) on an internal page instead of flows open (like it does on the home page) and selecting when hovering the submenu disappears. It happens sporadically.

I was thinking this would be a jQuery conflict, so I check the code on the home page—jQuery is only loading once (1.7.2) and ‘noConflict’ is loading as well. On the internal pages (like the ‘Nuts’ page form the link above), jQuery is loading twice because the online store needs jQuery, but so is the ‘noConflict’ scripts. So I disabled the store’s loading of jQuery. Cleared my browsers caches and the same thing happens. The submenu ‘pops’ open on the internal pages and disappears when attempting to hover over it in IE, Safari, and Chrome. FF doesn’t seem to be affected all the time. So now I’m wondering if it’s not really the jQuery conflict, but something else?

bChandler: you might have a point, though I have yet to try it. I will test your theory.

I’ve managed to figure it out: I changed another menu item to not only disable jQuery from loading but I also changed for the menu item to display as CSS and not jQuery code. Seems to work like a peach now.

Whew!

Niiiice! Good work dude