Submitting forms without PHP

I’m in a bit of a unique situation. My employer doesn’t allow PHP or database access (MySQL, etc) on the hosting server. I have some forms that are currently being submitted through “mailto” links. Recently we’ve run into cases of people not having a default email client set up on their browser, so the mailto links fail. I can’t remember if there’s another way to do these submissions other than through email, without using PHP to talk to the server. Does anyone have any suggestions – other than to tell them to update the server? Thanks …

Using mailto: for anything, these days, is considered bad form. I’m not sure, but I also think there’s a security risk involved with mailto:

If a form is NOT submitting to a server-side language like PHP, ASP, ColdFusion, etc., then the only alternative (that I am aware of) is to submit to a CGI script (which is also server-side.) Many hosting providers have CGI capabilities.

Thanks WolfShade. Yes, there is an automatic warning that comes up on IE11 warning that email form submissions aren’t secure. Frankly it took me a few hours to remember that email was the way we did submissions before PHP and other server scripting. I know it’s archaic. I’ve been thinking lately that this job is eroding my more current skills due to lack of use.

Thanks for the input.

No offense, but this is like asking how to send an email without using the internet. You just can’t.

There are a number of other solutions that you could use, such as 3rd party service to do the entire thing, 3rd party hosting (VPS or Shared Hosting), or talking your employer into using something that will let you do your job. But submitting a form and emailing without serverside doesn’t exist, sorry.

I was pretty sure I wasn’t going completely brain-dead on this, but I just wanted to make sure. It’s an old-school solution that needs to go away.

Thanks for verifying what I already knew.