Suggestion: Notifications

I often forget to check my notification for posts that I have been mentioned in for 2 reasons. One being that there’s nothing really flashy that stands out such as a PM would. I suggest something with a little bit of a pop to catch your attention just for a second to show there’s something up there. With that being said, I really don’t need to know that I have quoted someone else. I often see notifications that I have quoted someone else? That’s not necessary, IMO.

So in closing, let’s get something that will draw attention up there slightly more than what we currently have, but nothing that will require interaction such as a pop up box.

I agree with this.
Post quotes and mentions are important, as they draw your attention to active discussions, but this just creates an unnecessary distraction.

That functionality comes with the forum CMS. Perhaps it can be turned off. That’s something we can ask @HAWK.

[ot]Come of Ralph, you’re temporary admin.
Just push a few buttons, see what happens :slight_smile: [/ot]

[ot]

Ha ha, this is what happens:

You do not have permission to perform this action.

… which is lucky, because I was trying to ban you. :stuck_out_tongue: [/ot]

After the warning you gave me last time you were admin, I actually believe this :slight_smile:
So, I do apologize Mr Mason, I’ll behave.

Off Topic:

Thanks for the reminder of my incompetence … :blush:

Off Topic:

Obviously, this would be done and well on the way to fixing global warming if HAWK were here.

That part doesn’t bother me - what bothers me is the notifications only go away if you go to the notifications page. If you go directly to the thread that the notification is on, the notification stays…

Yes, that is a bit odd. I tend to forget about the Notifications link, so it’s often up around the 300 mark before I remember to check it. :eek:

The notifications functionality is a plugin, it’s not native vB.
I imagine we could write a new plugin to take into account the things mentioned.
Let’s discuss it in the staff forum and come up with a plan.

Other day i got three notification for posts (All are same ) but i reply for the one . Should i answered all of three?

What do you mean? You don’t reply to notifications.