Suggestions for free hosting sites?

I’m looking for a free hosting site to upload my project for my short course in web designing. Would be great it has cPanel also :slight_smile:

Did you try searching the forums? There have been anumber of threads on the subject, such as:

http://www.sitepoint.com/forums/showthread.php?871271-Which-one-is-a-good-Free-Hosting

Thanks for the info. Sorry for not searching for a similar thread

[FONT=Verdana]

It’s always a good idea to search before posting. Sometimes, you can find the answer straight away and not have to wait for replies. :)[/FONT]

I would not trust free cpanel hosting offer. cpanel is paid software. how they can achieve it unless they have some massive ads, on your site.

It is good free web hosting

Its better to go for the review before choosing free hosting site and if there are matter of credentialy of your contents then its better avoid free hosting.

Please avoid using Free hosting sites .Free host are not good for your site, this can kill your site, because you wouldn’t get good uptime and their server is slow. You will also find their ads on your cpanel or on your site.My opinion is free hosting is not good but if you want to use free hosting you can try byethost.com

If you’re fine to have external ads and promotions displayed on your webpages and feel comfortable with that - ok, you can easily google for a free hosting.
But I doubt there will be any cPanel account for free available to the world… Better to get in touch with some good hosting company and ask for cheapest or even free account :slight_smile:

@ezzie i will be only using it for my student project.

So much hate :slight_smile: However although I started a free hosting project a long time ago and still have it I do agree that in the main there are just no stayers, it’s all about money for most and that’s why they don’t last because they simply do not make any. There are a lot of reliable ones around but you need to wary of the majority.

x10hosting.com, heliohost.org, awardspace.com and freehostia.com

Just came across byethost.com/free-hosting , their plan includes cPanel and everything you need for your project. Good luck!

There are so many out there. Just choose one that has your requirements like PHP or ASP,etc.

You can try heliohost.org. It has cpanel and no ads.