Suggestions Needed for Banner Image Rotator

Hi,

I’m developing www.tgitricorp.com and need a great banner image rotator to serve up several 4-up images at the bottom of each page. Please see Tricorp as an example of the images that need to be loaded into this rotator.

I prefer JQuery driven rotator but am willing to branch out as well:) Thanks much for any/all sugestions.

There are lots of nice options offered by jQuery Cycle.

Or maybe this is an option? Check out the sliding gallery I created for the site of the company I work at. (the JQuery function is called: homeBottomSlider and it´s in the file: http://www.proyectosbds.com/lib_js/mw_functions.js

It would be worth adding a fallback to that so that it works with JS off. That’s always the first thing I test when considering such scripts.

I normally also check this, but I think this is getting less and less important every day. To quote a study of 2009: “If you only need Javascript, more than 99% of users have Javascript enabled.” (but I think this would be a different discussion :slight_smile: )

All the same, the principle that the web is to be accessible to all, that content (marked up with HTML) is king, and that CSS and JS provide useful but non-essential enhancements (which therefore can be remved without making content inaccessible) is a noble one to adhere to, and still remains ‘best practice’.