Surrounding your text for your navigation bar links with header tags <h2>s

I realise that. I was just pointing out that the outline isn’t recognised yet, as a warning to those who want to barrel forth with these new heading structures thinking that it’s all hunky dory because HTML5 allows it. :slight_smile:

I hadn’t heard that the hgroup tag was dropped. I will have to go look into it. The main purpose of keeping H1 tags to one on a page is more for screen readers than anything else, but in my opinion, it is just good coding practice to use the markup the way it was intended. Thanks for the info!

Okay, having done a quick search, it appears they [HTML WG] have replaced the hgroup tag with the sublime tag in order to hide the subsequent heading elements from the outline algorithm.

http://www.html5accessibility.com/HTML5extensions/subline.html

Just remember that it currently doesn’t work as intended. :slight_smile: Its creators are also recommending that people stick with the traditional heading structure … at least for now.

the sublime tag

:lol: It’s about time there was something sublime about HTML5. :smiley:

Ha! Nice.

I haven’t had an occasion to try this ‘subline’ tag. I’ll play with it sometime this weekend to see what it does. Since I often validate any webpages I’m developing, this should be interesting. Curious that the hgroup never flagged for me.

I’m not sure I understand their naming conventions.