Switching over to softaculous from fantastico

My host company was using fantastico installer to install scripts for the past 2 years and now all of a sudden my host has switch to softaculous installer. When i asked the reason they say that there is a great demand of softaculous from clients. What do you think ? What would be the reason behind softaculous popularity ? Please share your thoughts and experiences.

My host offers both. Softaculous seems to offer a larger range of scripts.

Fantastico has long been criticized for taking a long while to update applications. As time when on, they started facing competition from the likes of Softaculous and Installatron.

Many providers continue to offer Fantastico alongside others, for legacy purposes. After all, many customers are already used to it.

It can be because Softaculous provides more spontaneous magnificent range of scripts.

Softaculous provide more scripts and the installation is pretty easy, I would say better than Fantastico, if we were to compare both. The interface wise, I’ll vote Softaculous as well. It is simple, the icon is bigger and all in a glance.

The reason behind many hosts switching from Fantastico to Softaculous is because Softaculous has more auto-installer scripts compared Fantastico. Softaculous currently has 222 auto-Installer whereas Fantastico has more than 50 scripts. So the number of scripts in Fantastico is less compared to Softaculous. Moreover Softaculous includes new scripts and this number(222) will increase in future.

This is what I suspect indeed… More auto-installer scripts would mean less worries, more quality time management and extra convenient features.

I think that Softaculous might have a larger quantity of scripts but the quality is far superior on Fantastico. No questions, no doubts.
There are like 5+ forum scripts on Softaculous while Fantastico has 2 quality ones.

Nobody has commented on Installatron versus Fantastico and Softaculous. I have to admit we haven’t really tried Softaculous out; we’ve been very happy with Installatron though.

Everything about Installatron seems better thought out than Fantastico, which hasn’t made real jumps in functionality for a long long time now (it does keep up with updates though, perhaps a little slower than Installatron). Anybody else care to comment on actual experience?

Please don’t comment on hearsay - just want to know if you’ve actual experience of both, so you can give us a useful comparison!

Installatron is nice and all - It has most of the common scripts everyone uses. The issue for me is - the options are limited. You can get Fantastico for the same price and get more scripts.

I vote for softaculous for two reasons:

1. softaculous provides scripts updates really fast, moreover softaculous free version has more scripts than the fantastico paid version.
  2. softcaulous is priced very cheap as compared to fantastico and installatron.

For some time ago I was on a host, they offered Fantastico, and I really loved it - The only issues I had, was that scripts was updated really slow, like it could easy take a month before the new Wordpress version was life in Fantastico.

Then I got to a new host, which offered Softaculous, and I was in love - So many scripts, I could check from day to day, and yeah there would be at least 1 script / day that really got an update. And installation for softaculous scripts was fast!

Recently I bought my own dedicated server, and yeah I did choose Softaculous because of the number of scripts you can install… And today I did take contact to softaculous because there was a script I would like to see in Softaculous, and they just replied: “We’ll see how it is, and add it if possible!”

Really looking forward to see if the script gets added.

But yeah, I love softaculous so much!

Softaculous is good indeed and I have used it personally and like how it works.
Price is low!

I would agree with your hosting company. Softaculous includes more scripts, its cleaner and on the server side it is much better.

I love it, its Softaculouslicious babay!!! Love it and wont go back to fantastico ever , so many more features.