Symptom of being hacked?

I have a friend who had a strange experience today. She had asked someone to look up something on his computer while she was with him at his house. She asked him for the name of the page he found it on and it was a wikipedia page.

She came home and looked up the page he said he found it on, and some links were purple(visited) -links she says were directly related to what she wanted him to look up. She says she is 100% certain she has never visited the page before today.

She used to live with him and had her computer at his house, he is also a sociopath and a programmer and hacked her before and admitted it.

I don’t know if all of this is 100% true but she dosnt make things up. It is possible he installed a networking/infiltration program on her pc when she was living with him. Is visited links showing up on a hacked computer(of a site never visited) a possible symptom of being infiltrated by another computer who visited that site?

I am not sure how websites determine visited links and colors, maybe by cookies?

Usually cached pages are enough to change the hyperlink colour (assuming the page has been setup to show visited links in another colour, i.e. via plain CSS or HTML) or any page that gets placed in the ‘Browser History’ after a successful page request.

It could be a symptom; as obviously the pages have be visited (or requested) at some stage by a surfer even if it was just randomly hitting Google results and not waiting for a page to fully load, etc.

Her ‘Browser History’ might give a better clue as to when the pages were accessed, etc. But by the sounds of things neither one of these people can be fully trusted to be totally honest…

But if he did somehow access the computer remotely then he was rather stupid at covering his tracks… If I were to have done something like that I wouldn’t have been that “stupid”. But obviously it is not the kind of sick-and-twisted thing I would do anyway but you get the gist.

Is there any chance she actually did visit that page but she just forgets?! If they did live together perhaps he used her computer before - it’s usually something obvious and simple and to be honest it’s quite elaborate to go to the bother of hacking a computer just to visit a silly wikipedia page :shifty:

Do you have the link of the page in question?

I personally don’t think she was hacked based on the information so far and I’m with Robert on this one, both sound a bit dubious :shifty: