Tags not supported to all browsers

hello…
m designing the website…bt ther r some problem which m facing…
when m using the css tags or htmls tags…n for ouput m checking in all browser whether the that css style applid or not… evry time i checked in differnt browser(ie, mozila,chrome)
for example- i used background:rgba(0,0,0,0.5);
this is ok in chrom n mozila bt when i checked in IE ,its not working…

same for the font source- i used prototype font…i put font in separate folder “fonts” and in css i write code like this—>

@font-face{
src:url(‘fonts/Prototype.TTF’) format(‘truetype’);
font-family:‘prototype’;
}
this font is working in chrome but not working in mozila n IE… :frowning:

so is ther any solution on above two examples ? and how i avoid to check in every browser ?- how i chek tht tag should competible to all browser??? plz help mi

What version of IE are you talking about? Please refer to this article. You have a few workarounds. One is to use the filter: for IE only, and the other is to use a simple RGB (instead of RGBA).

What version of IE are you work with? rgba should be supported from IE9 and on. Same with font-face (though TTF format is spotty).

If you want to see what is supported per browser, you can use CanIUse which carries a nice list of features as it’s supported by browser.

i am using IE 9… bt using RGB we can not make div to tranperent… so ?

Do you have a proper doctype set (with the ending URL)? If IE9 does not have a doctype set it will revert back to IE5.5 mode (or some crap like that) and RGBA will not be supported. Show us what (if any) doctype you have set.

Either that or you have compatibility view enabled. If so, please disable it (you shouldn’t be using that). Please get back to us on those two important pieces of information.

i use <! doctype html>

Do you use exactly what you just typed? If so, that’s not a proper doctype. You can’t have that space between <! and doctype. The doctype should be this

<!doctype html>

You are being very confusing. Post your exact code. Don’t type it in. Post it.

Please go andvalidate your pages. I firmly believe you either have compatibility view set, or your doctype is invalid. This can be fixed by validating your page (and you should have validated in the first place since it’s the very first step)

Your font and RGBA is not working so it leads me to believe you have a faulty doctype. Please validate.

i type --=> <!doctype html> in capital

i type --=> in capital

I don’t even know how to interpret this lol.

i type exactly like this →

<(exlamentry mark)DOCTYPE HTML>

(exlamentary mark)= ! in above code…

Oh, I know what you are trying to say.

Next time do this:

<!doctype html>

Which is produced by using:
```html
<!doctype html>
```

Then can you please check your compatibility mode status? ALso, please validate. Please do both of those and then report back.

If you want to post HTML, look in the reply box and you will see something that looks like this

</>

Highlight your code and press that button and it will allow the code to be shown. Please report back on the validation and the compatibility status. If those fail, please give us a website we can look at since we are just shooting in the dark.

heyyy… my compatibility view is enable, thats why my site is not look good, background rgba also not applied…
bt i disabled the compatibility view n my site now looking well, all style apllied very well…

yooouuuuuuuuuuhoooooooooooooooooo…thannks a lot to all…m so happy…

1 Like

Glad I could be of help :blush:.