Technical question about monitor resolution

Hi,

I just bought a new Asus MS228h LED Monitor 22 inch :slight_smile:

It has the highest screen resolution 1920x1080 pixels. With this resolution everything is looking so small to me (because I have never worked with that much resolution) and if I change resolution to something like 1280x1024 or 1600x900 then it does not show the “crisp” pixels, but everything looking pixelated.

What does it mean?

Does it mean I need some VGA card or anything?

It is not happening only with this monitor but I have seen it with many monitors, when you change resolution they don’t show the crisp graphics but they work best with their higher resolution.

Yes this is due to lcd’s native resolution. On native resolution it works best… I am using 24 inch monitor its native resolution is 1920 x 1080. font size is just right for me.

LCDs are designed to run at only one resolution. Because the number of pixels that are available are fixed and in fixed positions. So you either need to get used to the higher resolution or get a monitor at those smaller resolutions.

Another option, if you are using Windows Vista or 7 you can adjust the DPI making elements of the system bigger including font.