Technically not a Graphics Question but this is the best place I could find to post

Hello All:

I am new at a job and I was given the daunting task of taking inventory of all the images on a website that are not directly linked or cannot be seen.

For example, everyone can see the images in the global header through a browser and I can easily use the web developer tool bar to give me a summary of a given page.

However, what I do not know how to do is this. I have a list of 481 graphics in a text file that are located on a server but i do not have a way to copy the image, provide a link to that image and name.

There has to be an easier way to accomplish this other than me going one at a time through a text file, putting it in a browser, and step by stepping this to death… right…

Thanks for any help or advice on this,

paul

thanks EC

I decided to punch these out one at a time because the time it would take me to write that script out, I would be half way done.

thanks everyone for the help and advice on this,

Paul

Hi Ralph M:

Thanks for your help with this,

Sorry, I should have been more detailed. I have a text file with 481 names of images listed like

image1.gif
image2.gif
image3.gif
image4.gif

and so on…

I need to create a spreadsheet with 4 columns across that basically has

The image itself, the name of the image, the path of the image, local path of the image.

The problem I have is that, in order to copy each 481 of these images, I would have to open a browser window, in the images folder, and go one at a time down the list and paste the name of the image into the address bar so that I can copy each image into the spreadsheet.

There has to be an easier way to accomplish this,

Paul

I don’t really know what you mean by that. Images in a text file? What does that mean? Do you mean they appear on a web page? The images will be in one or more folders on the server. What do you need to do with them?

Write a script that recursively goes through the directories looking for files that have image extensions, then takes that data and outputs as csv /pdf etc