Template and applying them

Could some one please explain:

<xsl:apply-template select=" " />

And how to use it with:

<xsl:template match=" "> </xsl:template>

I don’t understand. This is a simple yes or no with a description on why type question. I see views but it seem like any of you is smart enough to answer this nor my other question.

what is apply-template?

Is it use to call a template element by matching the match attribute context node with it’s select attribute context node. Is this true? if so, does the path to the node matter when matching both attribute up(most the xPath syntax be the same for both attribute for the apply-template to be able to call that particular template)? And is this the only way to use apply-template element(can it not stand alone to match a particular node context by absolute path in the target or link to xml document)?

Seriously? You’re expecting an answer to your question within three hours of posting, on a Saturday when most folk will have better things to do? :rolleyes:

The forum rules specifically state that you should not thread bump. http://www.sitepoint.com/forums/faq.php?faq=etiquette#faq_bumpitybump

By doing so, you may have shot yourself in the foot. There are members who take time to check the “Unanswered Threads” list, to try and ensure threads are not overlooked and do get a response. By replying to your own post, you’ve taken your thread of that list and possibly made it less likely, rather than more likely, to get a useful response.

And just by way of friendly advice, suggesting other members are not smart enough to answer your question is probably not the way to win friends or encourage a reply. :wink: