Test HTML email

Hi

Is there a site or application that I can test a html email ??

Thx in advance

For internal use, I created a simple page with a form on it. I add the recipient email addresses and a subject, then I just paste my html code into a textbox and hit send. It helps to quickly iron out most of the bugs before I bring the message to Mailchimp or Campaign Monitor.

I can very much recommend Litmus for testing emails in all major (and less major) email clients. I suggest you check it out, it’s fantastic. :slight_smile:

Good luck with your email development, it’s a tough job!

I can very much recommend Litmus for testing emails in all major (and less major) email clients. I suggest you check it out, it’s fantastic. :slight_smile:

I agree with dnordstrom, Litmus is the best online testing tool you will ever find because of its comprehensive email client list which now includes mobile devices.

Good luck with your email development, it’s a tough job!

Indeed it is, it took me a few months to fully understand what you can do and can’t do with an email as Outlook is a pain in the rear. Things like rowspan, (paragraph, ul, ol, div etc…) elements are all hopeless in an email as no one email client outputs it out the same way, however for example the colspan attribute works perfectly fine given you don’t overwork it.

It’s probably worth mentioning that Campaign Monitor will let you send test emails for free to up to 5 addresses at a time if you have an account with them (signing up for an account is free, you only pay when you send).

Not sure about Mailchimp, but imagine they have something similar.

Litmus is definitely worth a try as well.

Another tool I find very useful is Premailer (http://premailer.dialect.ca). It will allow you write a stylesheets in to your email, when running it through Premailer it will inline all your CSS (and perform some additional magic as well).