Texture tile in web-based image editor

I’d like to create a tiled image (is that the right term? A small image that can repeat seamlessly, I mean) using a very subtle texture of some kind.

I had a go at making this in an image editor, but I failed to produce a nice result because I’m a novice at anything to do with graphics or image editing.

So is there some kind of web-based image/graphics editor that could let me do this easily? I’ve heard that such sites exist, but I’ve never used them before.

I think you should try it on Adobe photoshop once. Then you may be able to do it and learn also.

I think the OP is looking for a web based alternate to a desktop image editor.

Look through these, should be what you are looking for: 10 Free Web-based Image Editors.

Did you even read my question?

TheRaptor: Thanks. I’ll look at those.

Why don’t you just use one of the many free seamless textures on the web? Sure you can learn to create your own but to get a seamless one there is a specific technique which does require a little finesse. They’ve been around for ages so I’m sure you could find something that was close to what you had in mind without too much effort. The good thing is you only need to find one.

Yes, I asked about that a while back and I spent some time looking around, but most seamless textures are strong patterns, like wallpaper. I found one set of subtle noise patterns in a file format that I couldn’t use and one in PNG that wasn’t the right colour.

Do you have something in mind? A website you’ve seen or a texture you are trying to adapt? I used this post the other day and thought it covered the options well.

If you do have something I’m happy to whack it through PS cause it only takes a few minutes for the subtler textures. I was using orangutan hair which wasn’t quite so easy but I got a good result still in a short space of time. I’m not sure whether other programmes have the offset filter that PS has but you could chop it manually and patch the seams, essentially it is just turning the image inside out so the centre lines create the appearance of joining because they did in the original source material.

Thanks for the offer, Slackr, but that’s OK. I’ve just downloaded GIMP, which is new to me, but I’m going to have a go with it.